- Broodstock Selection
The broodstock used at the maturation center comes from the Seajoy group farms, this is realized thru a demanding selection program, managed using the highest quality feed, animal welfare management and negative disease records.
An important part and last phase for the broodstock preparation is the Pre-maturation area, the oceanic water and controls gives our animals the perfect conditions for its maturation, adding as well, more bio-security to the selection process.
- No Ablation
Since 2014 the group started their non ablation nauplii production. At the present time 80% of our Nauplii and resulting exports comes from this type of management. By June of 2016 we will be 100% non-ablated.
Quarantine, Pre-maturation, Production Area, Spawning, and Hatching.
- Positive attributes of non ablation
- Greater and more sustainable production at all phases.
- Higher female survivals.
- Greater number of eggs per spawn.
- Greater number of nauplii per spawn.
- The pond data is currently under research via a Doctoral project jointly with the GAA, Lyons seafood and Sterling University.